Tuesday, October 06, 2009

Eight years of Marriage

Today marks our 8 year anniversary. We are going through such a rough time right now but I am amazed that Satan isn't attacking our marriage right now with everything going on. Ryan and I truly are growing closer and truly leaning on our Lord to get us through. I am so happy that we have Him as our foundation because I can see how so many marriages crumble when we are not centered around Christ. Not saying that everything is perfect because I have certainly had my days of doubt and tears but, I am able to find peace at the end of the day knowing where my trust is. Your prayers are certainly still needed.

Ryan is still pursuing employment. His long term plan is to start the Fire Academy in Jan and do a summer EMT course. This would allow him to be able to apply/test for almost any city in DFW area giving him so many opportunities. We understand that it is going to be a tough year or so but our goal of getting out of construction and having something that is stable is our focus. He has a heart of helping people and this would allow him to do that.

On to a few wedding pictures in lieu of our Anniversary












































































One of my favorite verses that I love for Ryan.....
As water reflects a face, so a man's heart reflects the man. Proverbs 27:19

5 comments:

amy said...

Happy Anniversary! We will keep praying for your family!

Deanna said...

Hard to believe it's been eight years, huh? Happy Anniversary!

Nancy said...

So beautiful are the hearts of both of you and the love you share. God is in control. We believe that. Happy anniversary.

Jaime said...

Where did y'all get married? Lake Pointe?

The Ivy's said...

So I typed my family blog address in wrong and got yours. Hello Ivy Family... from the Ivy Family. haha! We'll be celebrating 7 years together next month... and weirdly, my husband previously was a firefighter/emt. Very bizarre.

Well I hope that you and the family are doing well. take care.