Wednesday, April 30, 2008

New header for my blog...thanks Laura!

So I created a new header for our blog. I like it so much better. I have been looking at other blogs for a while and thinking how neat but how did they do that!? I now have my pretty header. This website had a bunch of cute ideas for scrap booking for blogs that I may eventually use. I would like to put Haylee's birth pictures in a scrap book like that and maybe even have it printed. I wish Tyler's birth pictures were digital, but at least I have copies of them. So the website to make your own fun creations is scrapblog.com. The part that took me the longest was to find out how to make it as my header instead of like a slide show for a post or something. To save some of you some time, once you have created your picture (I had to crop mine several times so it wasn't completely enormous, so squish everything together when you create it) click on the upper left "File" and go down to "Export as JPEG" and just download to your computer as a picture. Then in your blogger you can add as a picture in your header. Have fun!

3 comments:

Deanna said...

Looks great! & btw, love the mini ipod too!

Unknown said...

Great idea! I'll check it out myself! Thanks!

Laura said...

Yay! It looks beautiful! I know, girl, I had thought the same thing -- how do people get those neat headers? Then I saw where people PAY to have a page designed for them. That's why I thought there had to be a catch to scrapblog, but didn't see any...did you? I love the Japanese flowers - I considered that too. And I had to do the exact same "export as JPEG" and it took me a while to figure it out. I might also eventually change out my look - there are so many to choose from! Anyway, yours looks great!