Saturday, May 10, 2008

Spring is in the air!

These are some begonias Ryan and I planted about a month ago. We haven't ever really planted flowers before so we weren't sure how they would turn out. These are in the front of the house and seem to be doing pretty good.














Some are doing better than others I guess.














This is one of 4 Hydrangea bushes we inherited when we bought the house. I enjoyed these so much last summer. I guess because of all the rain we had, there were tons of blooms. There doesn't seem to be as many this year but here is a picture of a few that are blooming now.














They start out kinda this pale green and then once they are fully bloomed they are white with pink tips. So pretty. I had enough last year to make several beautiful bouquets.














This is a beautiful rose bush that was also inherited and is in full bloom right now.














I actually cut it back this spring b/c last year I didn't know what to do with them so when the roses came in they were so long and heavy they just laid on the ground.














This happens to be a Magnolia bloom off of my neighbors Magnolia tree. I believe it is about 50 years old and is so big it comes over to our yard almost. The smell is amazing.

1 comment:

mommyof7 (2inheaven) said...

Your flowers are beautiful!! Big A loves to plant flowers and so does my mom. They do it really well. We have quite allot in the back and on the sides of the house.
Keep up the good work!!

Mommy of 5